Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Message from The Project Leader


GPS

The GPS is a handheld device. GPS stands for Global Positioning System. It is for tracking your route, making points of interest, checking altitude and gathering celestial information. Information is sent by satellites about different items to the handheld device. We first started using GPS devices around Easter 2011. Master Roche brought it to the school and taught us how to use it. I started using it to track my journey to and from school. As I got used to it I started gathering more information about the surrounding area. I entered waypoints around the locality. At school we put the waypoints on the Interactive White Board and typed in the proper names for these waypoints. We also entered suitable icons for these places. The GPS has a library of icons for town and country.


I like the GPS. I get a lot of information from it. I learned about latitude, longitude and altitude, how to name routes and waypoints, how to find icons and how to use the hidden keyboard in the GPS.


There is still plenty more tasks to be done.


Our school is preparing a GPS project which we will share with schools in Portugal, Czech Republic and Slovenia.

K-----(The Project Team Leader)

No comments:

Post a Comment