Monday, February 6, 2012

Report from The Summit

Reporting on a Trip to Ireland's Highest Peak.

On the 29th of January 2012 I was in a party of thirteen people which climbed the highest mountain peak in Ireland. This peak is called Corrán Tuathail. Master gave me the GPS (Global Positioning System). I tracked to the foot of the mountain. Before I trekked I entered Cronin's Yard as a waypoint. After we got to the foot of the mountain we started climbing. We had to climb rocks and cross waterfalls.Then we stopped for a break. I was the
youngest on the climb. The second leg was the hardest of them all because of the snow. When we got to the top there was another break. I saw a cross and the ruins of a house at the summit. The highest point is 1045 metres. We came down "The Devil's Ladder" which is very steep. When we got to the bottom we went to the cafe. Here I signed the visitors' book.
Overall it was a very good experience !
I would love to do it again sometime when the weather gets better !!!!!


2 comments: